Monday, March 8, 2021

10-Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp Recipe


GAH! I tried a new dinner recipe tonight and it was by far the best thing I have ever tasted. I told Darren I could totally eat it for dinner EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT.
What You Will Need

(1-2) Pounds Shrimp (tail off)
(4) Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Corn Starch
(4) Minced Garlic Cloves
(1) Teaspoon Ginger
(3) Tablespoons Honey
(4) Tablespoons Soy Sauce
Red Pepper Flakes To Taste
Kosher Salt


Rinse, drain, and lay wet shrimp on a dry paper towel.
Combine garlic, honey, soy sauce, and ginger. Whisk together. Set Aside.

Side Note: Hair not included in the cost of the meal. OH. EM. GEE. So GROSS! Thank GOD that did NOT end up in our meal. I caught it AFTER this photo was taken, but clearly did NOT see it during the photo sesh. LOL!


Coat each shrimp with corn starch.

You may need more cornstarch if your shrimp is extra damp. I did. You want to coat both sides of the shrimp.

Heat a LARGE frying pan with oil (again, you may need more oil that it calls for because the oil gets absorbed in the cornstarch. Cook shrimp one minute on EACH side or until fully cooked.

While the shrimp is cooking, begin boiling water for your pasta of choice. I chose linguini because it is what I had on had, that made the most sense. I also considered serving the shrimp over Jasmine rice.

You may have to cook the shrimp in batches IF your frying pan is a tad smaller. The cornstarch does fall off the shrimp. Place cooked shrimp on a plate and set aside.

Next, cook the sauce in the SAME pan, boil for two minutes.

Don't panic if it doesn't look right. It's PERFECT.
Place the shrimp back in the pan, with the marinade, and even coat the shrimp. The sauce definitely does not arrive in an abundance. If you want your meal to be saturated in the sauce, I would DEFINITELY triple the recipes because I doubled it and it only light coated the shrimp. We are health conscious and we wouldn't want all the extra calories.
By now, it is time to drain your pasta. Lightly coat the pasta with butter, so the pasta does NOT stick together. Dollop the pasta with a nice portion of shrimp, add red pepper fakes and kosher salt to taste. No words can express how SCRUMPTIOUS this is. I had seconds and wanted thirds. Ty had enough for 14 people (he's bulking), and Darren wanted seconds, but reserved self control. The twins ate mac-n-cheese (SMH).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)