Sunday, July 6, 2014

You Are One "COOL" Dad!

Lilah wanted to make something for her "cool" dad, so we chose to center her homemade gift around popsicles and popsicle sticks, with a personal touch...things she loves about him.
Supplies Needed:
Paint
Paint Brushes
11 Popsicle Sticks
Hot Glue 
Markers
String, Yarn, Ribbon, or Rope
Lilah picked out the color paints she wanted to use.  She took her time painting 11 popsicle sticks. 
 I was doing this project and the "Super Dad" project at the same time.  It was a little unnerving.  LOL!
After Lilah painted all of the popsicle sticks, we allowed them to dry.  After the sticks were completely dry, I flipped them over, in the color order Lilah wanted them to remain, and hot glued 10 plain popsicle sticks, on the back, in the opposite direction. Next, I hot glued rope to the back, giving the craft the ability to be hung.
Then, I got to work, interviewing Lilah. I had 3 ideas in mind, for her, and she chose to title this project, "10 Reasons I love You..." Here are 10 reasons why Lilah loves her daddy! My favorite is "I think you're a cutie!" 
 Tada!!!! Colorful, meaningful, affordable, and personal!
The kids were a BUNCH of GIGGLES as daddy read the reasons why Lilah loves him, aloud!
The next thing Lilah wanted to make was a card.  So, we made a popsicle card that read, "You're One Cool Dad!"  All you need is Mike & Ike candy, tooth picks, and some card stock paper!
 Insert tooth pics, the same size as the Mike & Ike candy, into the candy.
 Hot glue candy onto the card!
 Come up with a clever saying for your child's daddy!
Lilah filled the inside of her daddy's card all by herself. She told me what she wanted to say, and I told her how to spell it. Wala! It turned out so cute. When Lilah presented it to Darren, he pretended to lick it. Of course, he got Lilah laughing. 

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! My kids are currently waiting for their popsicle sticks to dry. And I can't even express how perfect the Mike & Ike popsicle card is! I'll be making this for my hubby myself this year. Thank your so much for the easy, colorful, and creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I hope your children's daddy enjoys it as much as my children's daddy did@

      Delete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)