Monday, January 26, 2015

The BEST Drink At Starbucks!!!!

It's completely unfathomable that I did NOT start drinking coffee until I was 34 years old and I am now less than 15 days away from turning 38.  Coffee seems to be a necessity of life.  I don't really rely on it to wake me up, like most people. I just enjoy a warm "cup of Joe" in my tummy, upon rising.  "The Best Part OF Waking Up Is Coffee In My Cup!" Sing that to the tune of the Folgers commercial.  I drink my morning coffee black with ONE Splenda.  I have to admit, around 1:30 pm, daily, I visit Starbucks (give or take an hour). I have designed the BEST LOW CALORIE, sugar-free drink ever.  Darren and ALL of my friends LAUGH, with embarrassment, at me, because it's a LOOOOONG, "complicated" order.  AND Darren won't even order it for me if he's the driver.  I have to order it myself.  LOL!  He has a comical skit he does, with his hands, almost as if he's signing my drink. We all laugh watching him, well... I roll my eyes.  The Starbuck's clerks know me by name (I'm blushing, a little, at that one!), but they have reassured me that there are MANY other WORSE, complicated drinks that people order compared to mine.  Here's is my order for the PERFECT and BEST low-cal, low fat, sugar-free drink...

An Iced Grande Coffee
In A VENTI cup
Extra Ice
No Classic Syrup
Add Two Splenda 
Add Light, Heavy Whipping Cream

Shew! It IS a mouth full, but I cannot drink it any other way.  I like LOADS of ice, making it almost as if I am drinking coffee ice cream. The venti cup provides room for MORE ice, making it extra cold.  I remove that nasty, HIGH SUGARED syrup (loads of calories and carbs) and in it's place I add two splenda packets (making it sugar-fee) and a hint of whipping cream (Atkins diet approved). I am NOT a fan of milk, but because I add so much ice, I can handle the creamy taste.  If Starbucks accidentally adds the classic syrup, ONE SIP causes me to feel like I need to go to the dentist and I do a "U-ey" aka a u-turn and make them refix it.  
I called Starbucks and they broke down the nutritional value as follows:
 Ice Grande Coffee                               5 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 Sugar
(2) Splenda Packets                             0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 Sugar
A Splash Of Heavy Whipping Cream         52 calories, 5 g of fat, 0 carbs, 0 Sugar

This drink has less than 57 calories and 5 grams of fat.  I'll take it.  Beats a coke (90 calories, 26 grams of sugar)  or a small fry (231 calories and 11.5 grams of fat), and it keeps me going throughout the day, instead of giving me a HI-LOW or worse making me feel sluggish and chubby.  

You should try it!!!! It's the BEST, non-guilty pleasure drink, at STARBUCKS!!! And just incase you are curious about the price... it's $2.73.  Don't judge me... this is MY ONLY daily splurge, other than a bi-monthly mani/pedi, which my hubby requires I do :) 

12 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!! I will have to write down the drink "directions" (lol!) and order that on my next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen heavy whipping cream at any Starbucks. They use half-and-half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't lie. You ask for them to put it in. It's NOT on the condiment bar.

      Delete
  3. Just saved this!! I'm watching my calories and sugar so this sounds. PERFECT!!! I just tried sugar free raspberry syrup in my Northern Lite Latte a few days ago at Caribou and it was so bad, completely ruined the drink, lol!! Thanks for the tip!!!! 😁👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewe. Haha. Raspberry in coffee drinks doesn't sound appealing at all, but good for you for trying. I hate that liquid cavities. I am a sugar free girl too.

      Delete
  4. Ordering this right now actually!! 😂👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm going to try this today at Starbucks!! I've been drinking cold brew with lots of cream and 3 pumps of vanilla syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually order a grande cold brew with TONS of cream and 3 pumps vanilla syrup. I'm going to give this a try today with my cold brew!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)