Monday, December 21, 2015

The Light Has Come!

Our days can be filled with so much darkness and difficulty.  That's why our church does an incredible job inviting the congregation, as well as, the public to enjoy what really matters at Christmas time...Jesus.  It was a beautiful night of worship through music.  We also learned about the hope and LIGHT that Jesus brings, into this world, through the preaching of God's word.
I had three forms of media to capture this event, but sadly my iPhone was screaming at me "storage full", my camera was fully charged, but it was screaming "card full", and the video camera was NOT fully charged.  I was having to deleted apps, pictures, and decipher what was most important to video record ALL while watching it and worshiping.  I will never make that mistake again! I apologize for the poor footage, but I think you will enjoy what I was able to capture.
This was the first year all of our children were able to be a part of the performance.  You have to be a mature kindergartener to participate   They were all soldiers. Our youth Pastor, Brett, designed the t-shirts!
I thought they did great!!! They have been practicing since August.  
Lilah was barely recognizable in the army hat.  For the first 5 minutes, I couldn't spot her out of all the kids on stage. Do you see her?  ALL along, she was right in front of my face. I was in the front row too!!!!
Even my oldest, Ty, was not ashamed or too good to be a part of singing about our Savior! And even my most bashful child made me so proud.
My girlfriend Lisa, at the last minute, used her newborn baby in one of the songs, to represent baby Jesus.  It was so beautiful!
Ty's teacher, Mrs. Clifford, came out to support him and worship with us. It's those teachers that value you and cheer you on, outside of the school building, that really make a difference in a student's life.  She loves her job and it shows.
Despite the hiccups with my machinery and the awful messages of "card full" and "storage full",  and very limited battery space on my video camera, I was able to capture A LITTLE bit of everyone's handwork and worship to God/Jeus. Enjoy the video footage below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)