Friday, April 17, 2015

Night Owl Party Menu!

The plan, before eating dinner, was to take the girls to the movies and to the nail salon, to get their nails "did".  I knew they would all be stuffed from the popcorn and candy, so I didn't go haywire designing some elaborate dinner menu.  I wanted the menu to be well-balanced, fun, healthy, with a twist of unhealthy aka party-like.  The menu was as follows:

Main item, everyone's favorite party food, PIZZA!
Owl Fruit Plater! You can read all about the fruit platter here, but basically it's a fruit platter filled with a nice selection of fruit.
Veggies: cute, clear cups, from the DOLLAR TREE, filled with ranch dressing (Liley's favorite), and raw vegetables: carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and broccoli.  
Fillers: The fillers were mostly to hide spaces on the buffet table, but I also assumed some of the guests may be picky eaters. I've never met a picky eater who didn't care for cheetos and doritos though.
I almost lost my breath when I ACCIDENTALLY spotted these adorable, "lil' whoooos", graduate crackers, at the Dollar Tree.  TOTAL "SCORE!" I didn't know owl-shaped food existed.  Did HOO?
 I wanted the guests (and Lilah) to believe these cheetos were owl claws.  
Protein: Yes, I know, random, but I had to throw these pistachios, on the buffet table, being we are a family that tries to eat healthy.  I felt the unhealthy choices were beginning to outweigh the healthy ones.
Just so that you can see I am actually HUMAN and I do fail, BAD, sometimes... let me humor you with my attempt at a cheese, pepperoni, and cracker OWL platter.  I was RUSHING to finish up this LAST food item before all of the guests arrived.  I had 6 minutes and this is how it turned out.  I am SUCH a perfectionist that I didn't even serve this platter because I was so embarrassed of it. This would have been the DAIRY portion of their meal! WHOO cares?? I ate it later, for a midnight snack. Shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone.
It's sad that I only captured TWO photos of them eating.  They were so busy chowing down (at this point it was almost 9:00 pm) and singing to the Teen Beach soundtrack. Plus, I wasn't sure how much the older girls desired to be photographed, so I tried my best to take a few pictures, here and there, and then give them their space privacy fun OFF camera.
The older girls being goofs!
 Enjoy a 10 second video clip of them singing while eating!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, those older girls DO NOT being photographed! They all take selfies all day long!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)