Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Hidden Pickle Tradition ~ 2015

Every year, Darren and I picked out three FAMILY gifts.  We wrap them and reserve them for the Hidden Pickle Tradition. Here are the kids in 2013 and 2014, partaking in the tradition. It gets better and better each year. BUT the competition at times is intensely fierce.
I started a few rules. The kids hide, while I hide the pickle.  THEN, I let youngest to oldest run out, 3 seconds apart from one another. So, first Jax.  Then, Lilah. Last, Ty.
The first time, this year, I hid the ornament in our dining room's chandelier.  This spot was SOOOOOO tricky.  Watch the video below.  It took them OVER two minutes to find it.
Jax was the 1st place winner.
He won 100 gel pens. This was perfect for his (and his siblings' )adult coloring book that he got!
ROUND 2
Ty came in second place!
He won a really great and funny board game called PIE FACE.
ROUND 3
Liley came in 3rd. I forgot to take a picture of Lilah's gift, but she won an awesome electric pencil sharpener.  This is the exact one.
The first round was GREAT because it took the kids forever to find the pickle.  He calls out, "Hey, I'm over here!" and "Try to find me!" YET...they still couldn't find him. The last two rounds were stinky because they found him IMMEDIATELY! I love our family traditions.  Sometimes they happen on purpose because they have been passed down from our own childhoods, but sometimes they happen on accident and THIS is one of those accidentally awesome traditions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)