Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Carving PART 1

After church on Sunday, while I did the mummy mason jars, Tyson was haunting me (pun intended) because he was grounded from ALL electronics.  So, I allowed him to carve ONE of our pumpkins on his own.  I am not entirely sure this type of carving is what he had in mind, but he did it with minimal grumbling.  

I saw this idea on pinterest and decided to give it a try! Basically, you carve out the "guts" from the center of the pumpkin, replace the pumpkin's top, and start drilling holes.  If you look closely, we tried to drill a B for BOLLING, but it just wasn't that "full" or visible.  So we just decided to drill holes ALL OVER the pumpkin.  I also stole this idea off of pinterest to put glow sticks into the pumpkin instead of candles.  If we are lucky, our pumpkin still remains on our front stoop, but as I type, I can hear high winds.  Let me know if it it ends up on your door step.  :)
Cut, gut, and drill!
It's EMPTY! 
TY LOVED THIS PART!
BUT I DID NOT!!!
HE WAS NOT STEADY!
AND HE WOUND UP DRILLING HIS LEG... NO LIE.

You can still see the "B" a little bit.
I did try to hide it, but it didn't happen.

I titled this post, "Pumpkin Carving Part 1" because our family has plans of carving pumpkins tomorrow night!!! I have a feeling NFL, Ballet, or McQueen is on the carving agenda!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)