Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm detoxing! Starting TOMORROW!!!

Yesterday marked the 2 month countdown until our 10 year wedding anniversary trip to Paradise Island, Bahamas. We are psyched!!!! We need this break more than we can even explain. Today I gorged myself with all kinds of FATTENING foods, from Wendy's, to Tokyo Express, to Ben and Jerry's "Everything But the Kitchen Sink" ice cream a la mode peanut butter. Tomorrow marks the beginning of my detox from sugar, processed junk, fried foods, pastas etc. I've had it. My thighs feel heavy. My buttocks feels wide. My muscle has turned to fat. My energy level is LOW. I have not been taking care of my body and it shows both physically and physiologically. I am anxious to get back in the "gym". So... my alarm goes off at 4:00 am tomorrow. I will study God's word from 4:00 am - 4:45 am, workout from 5:00 am - 5:45 am, and shower at 5:50 am. Darren is excited to have his workout partner back. On the way home from church, he said, "What do you want to do tomorrow, P90X or Insanity." Geez, it feels good to be desired, especially at 5:00 am. LOL!

I apologize in advance if I appear moody in the next few days. Hopefully NOT, but it's possible. I have been really enjoying good tasting food too much and my body will definitely be going through some form of withdrawal for the next few days. My goal is to eat NO fried foods, NO sweets, and NO chips/bread until May 6th. I will be traveling to Short Pump for a weekend of fun with my "sensational 6" and I will allow myself to splurge then, but after that I plan to refrain again until our trip. I want a hot bod for my hubby. It will go great with our second honeymoon trip!!!!

Wish me luck and PRAY hard. I know I have pretty good self-control when I put my mind to it.

Bye-bye BEN AND JERRY'S, Starbucks' Drinks, Chips, Burger King, and Pizza. Hello salads, water, grilled chicken, and protein shakes.

2 comments:

  1. So I shouldn't be asking if you want me to bring you Iced Mochas from Starbucks correct? ;) teasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how have you done so far? I can't believe you're cutting out bread!! how is that possible?!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)