Thursday, August 25, 2016

2nd & 6th Grade ~ Back-To-School Photos!

Hello, hello! I am excited to share with you the "back-to-school" photos that I captured of the kids.  I never thought that last year's photos could be topped.  The kids' looked so cute and were so cooperative.  I didn't think I would get that lucky two years in a row.  Of course, so many of you may be wondering HOW in the world I managed to take such cute photos during one of the most stressful days of the year: THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.  Let me let you in a little secret... I DO NOT take many photos on the first day of school.  I learned long ago that that morning is filled with too much excitement, too many nervous thoughts, possibly even a little bit of puffy or baggy eyes going on.  I want to send the kids off happy and not stressed out because mom has the camera in their faces.  SO... I take back-to-school pics several days BEFORE day 1.  It's TRULY genius.  I discovered this idea, when the kids entered Kindergarten, on my own, and carried out the "tradition" last year, after doing a test run of a hair style I wanted Lilah to sport on the first day of first grade.  And I will never turn back.  Of course, in order to get the kids to cooperate and do this with JOY, it doesn't come cheap.  LOL!  They were promised a dessert of their choice (Bahama Ice Shack) and a trip to Chuck E. Cheese.  
On the day I chose to take photos, it wasn't brutally or miserably hot, but the sun was bright and I was having a very hard time finding shade at 2:00 pm.  The twins and I drove around Salem for a few minutes, but noting was striking my fancy, so I decided to take them to my favorite spot (my secret).  LOL!
I snagged a few ideas from pinterest that I thought were adorable.  Writing on the hands was taken from a graduate's photo idea board, but I thought it was PERFECT for second grade too, since "2" represents second grade.
Lilah was a great helper and actually insisted on posing Jax.  She did a great job.  
I cannot take the photos of the TWO of them.  Completely flawless in my opinion  #biasedmommy
He melts my heart.  Simply beautiful.
Doubly blessed.  The below pose was THEIR idea.  I love that they were getting into it.
Our photo session was coming to a QUICK end because our oven repair man called and said he was on his way.  Lilah was bummed and said, "Man! I wanted to take more."  Can you tell she was really LOVING this model shoot.  Hehe,
I love these ideas that SHE and JAX came up with.  Look at how cute she is making a heart with her hands.
I would have NEVER asked for twins, but I am BEYOND GRATEFUL that Darren and I got to experience this BEAUTIFUL blessing.  People say all the time, "Man! You are so lucky.  I have always wanted twins!!"  Yes.. yes I am.
I purchased these outfits on our beach vacation.  They are from a company called Mustard Pie.  I am obsessed with their company.  My friend Jody even said, "Lilah looks like she was made for mustard pie clothing!"  And I agree completely.  This line is called "True Blue".  
Gentle kisses and hand holding! #wombmates
Then came my goofball, 6th grader who was pretty much anything but cooperative and serious.
He thought juggling and sniffing a pencil hard enough to keep it under his nose made for a much better photo op than just smiling pretty. #eyeroll
Really?!?! I was in no mood to play peek-a-boo with an 11 year old.  LOL!
It just keeps getting worse and worse and I was getting slightly aggravated EVEN THOUGH it is funny looking back on it NOW.
I was about to give up.
AND THEN, he finally gave me the sweetest smiles and poses.  These kids make me so proud.
Well... there you have it! If taking photos a few days in advanced is considered cheating, than just call me a cheater. I will take it!! I don't care one bit.  These photos are priceless and precious and I will cherish them forever. AND as long as time permits, I will take back-to-school photos this way, EVEN IF it means I have to endure Chuck E. DISEASE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)