Saturday, July 16, 2016

Homemade Playdough + Recipe

The other day my kids were begging me to help them make homemade playdough.  Ty has made it in school before with one of the main ingredients being elmer's glue and borax, but I didn't have borax.  We had just gotten home from the movies and I really needed to start dinner, but I agreed anyway!
Here is the recipe
Combine all dry ingredients: 1 cup of flour
1/4 cup of salt
Then combine 1/2 cup of warm water
And food dye. The dye can be any color of your choice, so essentially, any amount as well.
Dissolve food dye into the warm water.  I didn't do that.  Haha, but I HIGHLY recommend it.  
Blend diluted dye and water with flour and salt.
I added glitter to Lilah's play-doh.

Mix well and wala!
Time to play...
The kids worked fast, gathering their trays and play-doh tools.
This recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make.  Literally.  


Oh and PS. Ignore the vegetable oil in the photo.  I was going to use a recipe that called for it, but I decided to use a different recipe instead, which didn't call for oil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)