Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Stuffing Eggs...

This post is the first sign of some Spring Holiday festivities.  Lilah and Jax were asked to bring in 6 stuffed eggs, so that they can participate in their class Easter Egg Hunt.  The kids are getting to the age where they want to help do things.  Lilah insisted on stuffing all 12 eggs on her own.  It's hard to let go of the control, but I want her to enjoy the memories of being a part of the planning process too, so I allowed her to do so. What's inside their stuffed eggs?
I try so hard NOT to give out candy OR those ridiculous trinkets that get thrown in the trash or LOST within 5 minutes of receiving them, but occasionally, you can't avoid it.  After all, not much can fit inside of a plastic egg?  NOT MUCH!
Since Easter is about what JESUS has done for us,  I went to the Christian Book Store and purchased these colorful cross necklaces, so I could incorporate the message somehow.  One of the biggest reason our children are in pubic school is so that they can be salt and light in a dark world.  #thegreatcommission  Hopefully giving out these colorful crosses will allow Lilah and Jax's peers to ask questions.  These cross necklaces were $.59 cents each.  WELL WORTH IT, considering the fact that they will hopefully help "plant seeds".

Yes, the dreadful, junk bubbles.  The bubbles are so small, I doubt anything will come flying out of the wand, but hey... it's what fits in the egg.  
Stickers!
Stamps!
Easter candy corns with bible scriptures attached. The candy corns also came from the Christian Bookstore.  Each pack was $.39 cents. Each pack has a different scripture.
"The Lord is gracious and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy!" Psalm 145: 8
I wanted to give out 1/2 dollars, but the bank didn't have any at the time. I am glad they were out because I like my final selections much better.
Lilah enjoyed stuffing the eggs.  She did an EGG-cellent job!!! Hahahahahaha!
"Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin it left a crimson stain, HE washed it white as snow!" Praise you Jesus for the love you have bestowed upon those who know and love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)