Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Saint Patrick's Day School Snack!


5 days a week I have to pack 3 snack bags and 3 lunches.  That equates to 15 snack bags and 15 lunches per week.  Which equates to 600 snacks bags and 600 lunches per school year.  Oh my goodness, I am exhausted JUST thinking about that.  I get up every single weekday morning at 4:45 am to pack.  Many people say, "Do it the night before!" I can't.  I don't have an OUNCE of energy left to do it.  Plus, it wouldn't be fresh.  So... creating FUN snacks and lunches is NOT JUST for the kids, it's for me too!  It's very mundane doing the same thing over and over.  
A holiday is an especially fun time to get creative in the kitchen.  For Saint Patrick's Day, I created a snack for the kids that was rainbow colored inspired.  As you can see, from above, it was simple, but festive.  It included:
A St. Patrick's Day Napkin

 Roy G. Biv Fruit Cup, which included strawberries, oranges, pineapple, honeydew melon, and blueberries. I found the rainbow stickers at the Dollar Tree (is that a surprise, LOL, no!).
Junky, but fit for the occasion so who cares, a "Lucky Charm" breakfast bar!
 To Drink: A green colored "Hug" accompanied with a St. Patty's Day paper straw!
And there you have it! It's really NOT a complicated snack.  It just takes a little extra thought and creativity while grocery shopping. Don't make excuses for NOT making your children's snacks and lunches FUN because I guarantee you your child's snack bag contained something similar today, just not festive.  Allow me to encourage you and help you to add some excitement to your child's boring school day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)