Monday, March 19, 2018

Virginia Warriors - AAU Basketball - Charlotte Bound

Well... we are those parents... the ones that travel with their kids, all over the place, so they can grow both their personal playing skills and team building skills. I once said, "NEVER!" and now I am hiding my face because my nevers became a reality. We officially signed up BOTH of our boys for travel basketball.  They are on an AAU team, at the Virginia Warriors Complex.  In less than a month, Jax has traveled to Winston Salem, NC and Charlotte, NC.  
This weekend, we traveled to Charlotte and spent the entire weekend there.  
 Jax's team competed against teams from Charlotte, North Carolina and Miami, Florida. Can you imagine?
Our boys played HARD.
But it was really hard to compete against teams that were SOLELY fourth graders.
Our team consists of ONE second grader, mostly third graders, and several fourth graders.
 I LOVE watching Jax play.  HE is DEFINITELY a hustler.
Being on this team is growing him personally and "professionally", as an athlete.  
We actually arrived into Charlotte hours and hours before the rest of the team arrived.  We wanted to have a little family fun before hand.  In between games and after the tournament was over, we were able to shop our little hearts out.  
We also ate REALLY well.  We ate at the Cheesecake Factory the first night.  
We visited a ton of our favorite stores.  And we also experienced Trader Joe's for the first time.  My thoughts... "Meh!".  It didn't excite me.  
Then, the entire team went to Dave & Buster's.  
Lilah won some chocolate ice cream poop emoji slippers.
On Sunday, we made sure to stop by IKEA and the "AT HOME" stores.  I was in shopping Heaven.  
I could get used to being a travel sports mom.  I love getting to visit all of these big cities.  I did miss our dogs a ton, but nothing replaces fun, memorable family time.  Next up, we are off to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Shew! Life with boys is pretty BUSY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)