Monday, February 19, 2018

A Guns-N-Roses... Gift!

Darren and I have been together since 1992.  We are blessed beyond measure and we really want for nothing.  In the past, giving gifts to each other was easier because we had actual needs  Eventually, our needs were wants, but now I am not even sure we have wants.  We truly are content with what we have. Other than maybe finding a nice piece of property, in the Glenvar area, to build a house on AND an occasional vacation or weekend getaway from both our children and dogs... we feel like we truly have it all.  SO... buying gifts for each other has been more challenging and difficult.  It takes creativity, intentionality, and planning.  

Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday aside from the obvious (Jesus' birth and resurrection).  Let's face it though... it's kind of a woman's holiday.  No woman ever gets attacked for forgetting her husband on Valentine's Day.  However, there is an ACTUAL holiday, the day after Valentine's Day, called "Dog House Day!". My guess is that the holiday was truly designed only for MEN! Eeeekkk.... maybe I am wrong here.  But, men do get put in the dog house, often, for forgetting their wives or being lazy on occasions such as LOVE DAY!

Anyway, I feel like men have it easy.  They can do chocolate or flowers or even jewelry and bam... they are done.  Although my man says that flowers and chocolate are a total cop out.  It lacks creativity and is simply... well... a given.  I mean, have you been to Kroger the day before or day of? It's a NIGHTMARE.  Every man in America, but mine - haha- is doing what every other man in America is doing... last minute shopping.
Women, on the other hand, really are limited.  I mean I guess we can do the standard cologne or candy, maybe even a pair of boxers with hearts on it, but my hubby doesn't eat candy and there are only so many bottles of cologne one needs.  This year, I was really struggling.  UNTIL... I decided to add to Darren's scotch collection. *Side note: I am NOT glorifying drinking. We have an occasion drink and we enjoy it responsibly.* I found a bottle of scotch called, "Four Roses".  Then, I walked up to the register to pay and spotted a pistol filled with tequila.  We don't even like tequila, BUT we do like guns. So... since it's a limited edition made bottle, even numbered, I bought it.  AN being who I am... I had to find a creative way to title it and deliver it.  It's titled: "Guns-N-Roses".  Hehe.  I created the rhyme/printable above to go along with the gift. Maybe we will make some margaritas.  Maybe Darren will just display this in his safe for... well.... no one to see.  LOL!  This wasn't his only gift.  Just one of my more clever gifts, in my opinion.  
This gift would be EXTRA special IF we Darren loved the band Guns-N-Roses, but ... he doesn't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)