Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year!!!!

I wish I had an AWESOME, festive New Year's Eve party to share with you, but our Sunday, church service landed on New Year's Day, so we chose to take our New Year's Eve celebration down a HUGE notch and pass out at 10 pm.  I bought fun plates, napkins, confetti, blowers, hats, and non-alcoholic champagne, but it just didn't feel right to celebrate unless we could watch the ball drop.  Instead, we organized and cleaned our entire home from about 8:20 a.m. till 9:20 p.m.  Haha.  I know, how boring, but that's real life people.  Today, I decided to let Lilah use the confetti.  I enjoyed capturing AND watching this random fun. She had a blast.
The very last sight of Christmas, in our home, was our gingerbread houses.  I usually just throw them right into the trash can, but while showering this morning, I thought about a fun idea and I was able to bring it to fruition.  We took hammers to our gingerbread houses.  Haha.  I know, this seems like an AWFUL idea if you were ME, who spent like a gazillion hours decorating mine.  See the gingerbread SMASH below!
Smash!!!!!!!!!!
Demolition girl!
These pictures and moments are so precious to me. I love watching her come to life, smile, and just doing what kids should be doing... having fun. Not a stress or a care in the world!
I wish all of my blog followers a very Happy New Year! No matter what comes your way, please be reminded that the Lord only gives you what you can handle! During those difficult moments in 2017, because trust me they will come, just remember that HE gives you challenges and trials to GROW you! Take on the challenge and consider it love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)