Friday, April 15, 2016

Ashbeoro North Carolina Zoo Fieldtirp

The 5th graders at Fort Lewis Elementary School get the opportunity, each year, to go on a field trip to the Asheboro Zoo. Since Tyson is now in 5th grade, it was his turn.  The last time he visited this zoo, he was 4 1/2 years old, so he didn't remember a thing about it, which is good. Out of 55+ plus students, over 30 parents volunteered to go.  Each chaperon was responsible for their own child and one other child.  The parent involvement at Fort Lewis is amazing.  The students and teachers took an Abbot bus and the parents drove their own vehicles.  
I made each teacher a zoo goodie bag, filled with treats and a few cute trinkets, such as a portable fan, incase they got hot.  Their banana was decorated with a monkey sticker!
Ty and I left for the field trip at 6:00 a.m., so Darren had to get the twins ready for school all on his own.  Normally, we work together as a team and I tackle some of the "mommy roles" like doing hair.  Look at how cute they turned out!!! I was so impressed at how awesome Lilah's hair looked.  
We arrived to the zoo at around 10:00 a.m. and immediately ate lunch.  LOL! YES! At 10:00 a.m. we ate lunch, but we also ate dinner at 3:30 p.m.  
When we entered the zoo, the teachers had the kids take a group picture.  
Five minutes before our zoo tour began, Ty and his friends were pushing each other off of a fake hippopotamus. 
His friend Jayden sprained his ankle. Mrs. Clifford and I had to pay for a wheelchair rental.  Pushing a 90 pound child, in a wheelchair, throughout the zoo, that is all uphill and downhill, was quite tiresome.  It was also a fabulous leg workout.
That will teach them never to play with a hippo again!
AND THEN...Mrs. Clifford had to have a conversation with the students and expressed her disappointment.  
We saw many amazing animals.  I was really interested in photographing them.  I also enjoyed video recording in slow mo! I could have spent LITERAL hours watching the chimps and the gorillas.  They are so intriguing to watch. Enjoy the photos I captured of the animals.
Ostrich (above)
Boars (below)
Lions
Chimps
I love the below photo.  This animal is just amazing to me. I hashtagged this #pouting.  LOL!
Baboons
Look at the baboons honeys. OWIE! I joked and told the kids that is what happens when you don't wipe your bottom well. They got a chuckle out of that.
Baby Chimp!
Loving momma and baby!
My firstborn and I!
Giraffe (I literally only saw one giraffe at the zoo, haha!)
Gorillas
Flamingos
Goofing off in the polar bear house!
Arctic fox.
Polar Bear! So cool!
This polar bear was definitely trying his hardest to entertain us! Check out the slow motion video clips I took of this adorable polar bear swimming.
Alligator! Doesn't he look like he's smiling?
Selfies
The weather was BEAUTIFUL! I am thankful I had this opportunity to spend the day with Ty and his classmates.  I was also so ready to get home.  The next day, I was so sore from pushing the wheelchair up and down hills. Haha. The trip was from 6:00 a.m. - almost 8:00 p.m. Shew! Whoever said a SAHM doesn't work, HA! Who do you know that works 14 hour days?  I think this is the LAST field trip, in elementary school, for TY. Sniff sniff... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)