Monday, January 4, 2016

Tacky Sweater Creation

As the fifth grade, room parent, I decided to sneak in a "Tacky/Ugly Sweater" contest, for the Holiday party!  It was NOT mandatory that students participate, but anyone who did was eligible for a prize. Ty was totally up for the challenge.  I ran to Once Up A Child and Goodwill and finally found an incredible, green, real cashmere sweater.  YES, I shopped the Goodwill. LOL!.  Starting with a blank canvas/surface is not always easy.  So, when I found this ugly, Christmas sweater kit at A.C. Moore, I was slightly thrilled to use it to jump start the process.
On the back of the package, it gives you a general idea of how to use the embellishments.  
The kit arrives with two templates, however, to much disappointment, it did NOT arrive with felt. I didn't know that.  GOOD thing I had time to go back to the store to purchase some.  It's always good to read the fine print, lol!
Ty and I went back together and we picked out these colors.
He was also pretty persistent about having pom-poms.  
Here are all of the supplies I needed to complete the look we were going for.
We got to work crafting his ugly sweater.
Tada! The finished sweater.  I think it turned out absolutely perfect.
We made sure to add a lighted Christmas necklace, found at Kirkland's.
And yes...MOM also dressed for the occasion.  I found my tacky, candy cane leggings at Kohl's and my tacky, but really CUTE sweater at JC Penny's!
Below is a small video clip of the ugly sweater.  It was NOT intentional that Christmas music was playing in the background, Hehe! But how perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)