Friday, July 3, 2015

Roanoke College Basketball Camp 2015

Two weeks ago, Ty went to his first, REAL camp this Summer. We signed him up for an amazing, full-day camp experience at Roanoke College, where Stephen Curry and Seth Curry once went. He LOVED it! On the first day of camp,  Ty even wore his Stephen Curry shirt. Sadly, I have very limited photos because I wasn't the one who typically dropped off or picked up Ty from camp.  PLUS... I didn't want to embarrass him.  He's getting close to "THAT" age.
Practicing, as he waited for his ride.
The camp started at 8:45 am, but Ty would wake up at 6:30 am and beg to go at 7:30 am.  It was encouraging to see him so enthusiastic about this camp to where he would wake up on his own and want to go as soon as possible.  Below you will see a typical camp day!
Ty said that his favorite part of the camp was the 3 on 3 and 5 on 5 tournaments.
Each morning, Ty would get dropped off at the "Belk Fitness Center".
Aside from the basketball experience, he really enjoyed eating in the cafeteria. He loved everything about their food. I offered him to share a "complaint" with me about the camp and he said, "I didn't have any complaints!" My only "complaint" was that it was a tad pricey ~ $230 for one week.  
The coaches were very strict and didn't take any disrespect or ill-behaved children.  One day, TY came home stunned that they sent one boy home because of bad language. The coaches wanted to create an atmosphere that was focused on learning the game of basketball. Basically, they treated them like NBA players in training.
Below is a small excerpt of Ty, doing a basketball drill, at the end of his camp day! Ty said, "I would do this camp every single day, all Summer long, if I could."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)