Saturday, February 28, 2015

SNOW-magedon 2015

The weather in Southwest, Virginia, has been brutal these last two weeks.  Out of 10 possible school days, the kids have gone 2, if that goes to show you how bad it's been.  I'm not entirely sure of the total accumulation of snow, but I think it's a fair guess to say at least 10 inches fell.  During the first 6 days the snow fell, ALL 3 of our children had the flu.  I am not sure what strand of the flu the kids had, but it was truly the most sick they've ever been.  Praise God that they are all back to health and that Darren and I did NOT catch any of their germs. NORMALLY, the kids would have been out sleigh riding, building snowmen, having snowball fights, making snow angels, and constructing igloos, but that didn't happen the first 5-6 days that we were stuck indoors due to snow.

The snow started Sunday.  Lilah ws in severe ear pain, but we were stuck.  We could NOT drive anywhere, so she had to fall asleep in pain, on a heating pad. In the morning, she was completely fine and we thought that that was the end of it all.  
Then, Ty got sick. He had a high fever and a really bad cough.  At one point, he coughed so bad, he threw up.  This photo was taken while we were at the doctor's office.  Anyone that knows me well, knows I do NOT take my kids to the doctor EVER, so for me to be there you must know I thought it was serious.  The doctor chalked it up as bad allergies and gave Ty codeine for his cough. Later, we realized he had the flu.  "I want my dad!" said NO sick kid ever!" (Monday)
(Tuesday) Lilah and Jax both caught Ty's flu.  Red faces, exhausted, chills, and hard core fevers.  The highest fevers they have ever had.  It was really pitiful.
The only thing our kids did was sleep, sleep, sleep!  Lilah only got out of the bed long enough to hug Sadie.
 Then she invited Sadie into her bed with her.  I think the photo below is one of my favorite pictures of all times.
 When the kids FINALLY felt better, I HAD to get out of the house.  I was going CRAZY! 
 I considered robbing a bank and escaping to the Caribbean with my "earnings". 
I had all I could stand.  I couldn't take it anymore.  So, I left the kids at home and headed out to Wal-mart.  I brought Thor and Cleo Patra to help me pretend I was living a fairytale.  
One day the kids got pizza, slurpees, and a red box and another day I treated the kids to Dunkin Donuts. Winter is a time to eat "good" food.  I was trying to fatten them up so I could cook them, then eat them.  This was the first time we were out of the house in 5 days.  
Even Sadie was finally starting to show signs of PUPPY!  She was going a tad stir crazy.  As you can see, she was so unpredictable at this point, the below photo is how I had to use the bathroom.  I promise you she wasn't pulling away because I was going #2.  I was only tinkling.
ONE morning, I was tending to sick children and when I was finally able to focus on Sadie, I ran into this... you see four piles of dog poo, but it was actually 7.  It was the first time she had pooped in the house in 4 weeks.  I almost lost it.  She's fully potty trained, so I was NOT expecting this at all.
"Dear Winter, I think we need to break up.  I've been seeing Spring and day dreaming about Summer. It's not me, it's you!"  Ha! Well that's what Sadie thinks of this Winter."
In the midst of all of the illness and dog poo, haha, I was still trying to be thankful.  I found gratitude for my amazing husband. Darren was able to stay home one extra day with us and he made sure to keep up with clearing the walkways and driveways.
Shoveling the snow while it's still snowing is like cleaning the house while the kids are still growing.  
Ahhhhhh...the kids are FINALLY feeling back to normal and school is back in session and then...MORE SNOW FELL! At least this time they were able to enjoy it!
Ty, Lilah, and Sadie stayed out.  Jax wasn't interested.  
I think Ty was trying to make it to the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest snowball.  Hehe.
"Hey Elsa, The snow bothers us!"
He is such a mini me of Darren. #thumbsup
Finally, enjoy a few videos I captured of Darren and Sadie in the snow.  I took them ALL in "slow mo!" Not sure why, but I thought it was funny.  Every time Darren started going a little stir crazy, he would get bundled up and either shovel snow or play with Sadie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)