Friday, August 8, 2014

TIME OUT!!!!!

On day 6, the tattling and arguing was intensified x 1,000.  I couldn't take it anymore.  LOL!  As the old saying goes, "All good things must come to an end!" And it was certainly sounding true in our home.  These kids were on day 13 of being in each other's presence: 6 days in Raleigh and now 6 days in Roanoke.  
On the last day and the very last hour before my dad and Carlene arrived to town, Salene came up crying because Tyson hurt her.  I grabbed a barstool and said, "I am sorry you got hurt, but sit here Salene!"  I yelled, okay SCREAMED, down to the other 4 kids in the basement... "GET UP HERE NOW!"  I very abruptly grabbed four more barstools, ONE AT A TIME, and placed them in different areas around the house, on my main floor, saying "You, sit here!" "You, SIT HERE!" "YOU, SIT HERE!" Each time I said it, it felt better than the last time I said it.  I think I was going a little crazy by this time.
I very sternly said, "No talking! No looking at each other! NO moving!" You are all to sit there for 10 minutes in silence and think about the way you all have been treating each other.  After 5/10 minutes, I began sharing with them what the Lord expects of them and reciting a few passages to help them see how they have sinned not only against each other, but especially against God.

One of the verses was 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.  It does NOT insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends!"
1 Peter 3:9

"Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing."
They sat there in silence, well all except for Ty.  He was fighting me left and right, so he sat there for 20 minutes instead of 10.  
I made an instagram college out of it and apparently this post was well received and very comical to so many.  Looking back, it IS, but at the time it WASN'T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)