Monday, August 11, 2014

There's No Place Like Home!!!

A few weeks back, I spotted an advertisement for "The Wizard of Oz" play in a local magazine.  I considered going with the kids, but these types of events always seem so pricey X 5. Well, I guess anything x 5 is always pricey, but you know what I mean.  I kind of let it go and thought, if it's meant to be, we'll go.

Weeks later, Mrs. Tracy called, from Lilah's dance studio to inform Lilah that she is being promoted to Kindertap.  This news was so exciting because only two girls from last year's class were promoted and Lilah was ONE of them.  Yea Liley!!! Before getting off, Mrs. Tracey and I just very nonchalantly chatted about our Summer and she said, "Our Summer has been VERY busy, but a good busy!" She began explaining.  Her son, only 6, auditioned to be in "The Wizard of Oz" and out of 100 auditions, he was 1/40 who was chosen.  WOW!!!!! At that VERY moment, I knew we had to GO... it really was meant to be. We were going to go as a family, but the boys decided they didn't want to go (Jax does everything Tyson wants to do.  I think Jax really wanted to go. Our kids love Parker).  No boys?  No problem!!!  This was a perfect opportunity to take my little girl on a date.
After eating at Thelma's Chicken and Waffles, we headed over to the Mill Mountain Theater. We snagged a few pictures along the way. One nice passer by asked if we would like her to take a photo of us together and you know I jumped RIGHT on that.
Times like these are very far and few between, so I really get excited when I can take ONE child out at a time.

There she sat, with her 10 pound bag of candy in hand.  She was ready and prepared to watch the show, thanks to her daddy!
 She even brought her "ruby red" slippers.
 As we waited for the show to start, we snapped a few selfies!
 Smiley and Goofy!
I introduced this movie to our children around the age of 3.  They absolutely LOVE IT!!!! Sadly, the movie got scratched and they haven't been able to watch it lately.  I guess we need to buy a new copy! My point is, Lilah already knew the plot to the movie, so it made following the play a breeze.

No photography was permitted at ALL! At the very end, when all of the cast members come back on stage and everyone applauds, I left my flash off, but I took a few "illegal" photos.  I also took about 10 "illegal" video clips. I am not selling the clips, I just wanted my boys to see Parker in action. Mrs. Tracy's son, Parker, is the first little boy on the left.  He was a lollipop kid and a "guard" for the Wicked Witch of the East. I will post the video clips later this week.  The footage isn't great because I was so afraid of getting reprimanded. Haha.
While taking photos with the characters, Parker spotted Lilah and greeted her, "Hi Lilah!!!" I thought that was so sweet of him. She gave him a BIG HUG.  Parker did an excellent job.  He is a total natural.  Lilah has been inspired by him and claims she wants to audition now for a play!
After the show, the main characters waited in the lobby so their fans could get some photos. Lilah's first choice was the Wicked Witch of the East.  Imagine that?  I am not surprised.  To her, the creepier the better.  LOL!
The "good" witch
The Scarecrow and the Lion really engaged with Lilah.  She had them laughing and visa versa.
Scarecrow and Lion!
Parker spotted Lilah in the foyer and greeted her.  "Hi Lilah!" So sweet.  She gave him a BIG hug. He did such a fantastic job.  He has inspired her now... she says she wants to audition for something.  
We wound up knowing 3 people in the play.  Two from Lilah's dance studio: Parker and Mia. and one from our neighborhood. Our neighbor, Taylor, played the part of "Toto" the dog.
When we got home, we learned that our friend, Judy Taylor's son, from church is dating Dorothy. What a small world town we live in.

Lilah had an wonderful time.  She asked a ton of questions during the show and was super excited to watch Parker in action!!! After the show, we returned back to the boys where "There's NO place like home!" 

PS. I thought I would mention that this entire show was put on by the young performers in our town ages k-12. This reality is what made this date that much more exciting, to me, for Lilah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)