Saturday, August 30, 2014

Chocolate-Covered, Cookie Dough, Pretzel Bites!

Last night, I hosted small group at our home. I really enjoy providing something for our guests to eat, but I have always gone a tad over board. We start at 6:30 pm, so cutting out the dinner type hors d' oeuvres seems appropriate.  I was on the hunt for a yummy, bite-sized, impressive, yet simple and crumb-less dessert. Check this out!
Chocolate-Covered, Cookie Dough, Pretzel Bites
Ingredients:
(1) Package of Cookie Dough
(1) Bag of Pretzels
(1) Package of Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 
Directions: roll cookie dough into balls.  I used a good 1-inch, pinch of the dough aka approximately (2) teaspoons. You could either roll all of the dough FIRST or do one pretzel cookie at a time.  I did it the latter way.
Smoosh the cookie dough in-between two pretzels.  I had several pretzels break due to the hard chocolate morsels.  No biggie... there are a TON of pretzels in the bag and you don't even use 1/4 of the bag.

Freeze pretzels and cookie dough for a good 15 minutes. This hardens and prepares the dough consistency that will be dipped into the hot, melted chocolate. If you do NOT freeze the dough, your cookie dough sandwich will be a sloppy mess and the pretzels will become detached from the dough.

In meantime, while the pretzel cookies are freezing, melt the chocolate. I placed the chocolate in a small glass bowl and microwaved the chocolate on 30 second intervals.  After you remove the pretzel sandwiches from the freezer, dip each "cookie" into the chocolate.  I recommend just doing HALF of the sandwich.  These are VERY heavenly and rich! I don't think they will be nearly as enjoyed if you dip the entire sandwich into the chocolate. It will be way too sweet.
If you are at all counting calories, these are NOT something I suggest making, even though they are bite sized. Also, I used the pre-made cookie dough and I know many would be concerned about the raw egg. You can always find a recipe for a cookie dough that is eggless.  I served these to 10+ adults and no one is sick.  Haha.  I am not suggesting you go that route, but it was a safe route for us.
These got rave reviews!!!! The only one who didn't indulge in them was Ty and Darren.  Ty hates chocolate and Darren never enjoys God's blessings of dessert! ...Weirdo! I didn't count the quantity of pretzels that this recipe makes, but if I had to guess, I think it was approximately 25 sandwiches.  I know... that doesn't seem like enough for 10 adults, but TRUST me it is.  I had 6 left over...that's how rich they are.  

I am excited to try a few other versions of this dessert.  The options are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)