Thursday, August 29, 2013

Summer Is O-V-E-R!!!

"Summer Fun To Do List"
Summer is, pretty much, officially over in our home.  Once Tyson goes back to school and football season starts, every bit of our free time is consistently consumed with that and church events (church, small group, church picnic, and possibly Sunday school ;)

The kids and I sat out on the porch the other day and made a bucket list of all the things we did this summer.  There truly were only, counted on one hand, a handful of things we had yet to accomplish.  We were able to knock a few more out... silly string fight, putt-putt golf, Scott & Ellie's Ice Cream etc., but we were unable to visit a ZOO, Thunder Valley, Pump It UP, and Water Balloon Fight! 
Originally, I wanted to make the above poster board in the beginning of the summer (sharing it with others/providing them with ideas too).  My thoughts were, just like any list, to scratch off each item as we went along; however, the summer started and we never sat still long enough to really produce this beauty!!  So... we will save this list until next summer and scratch off our events as the summer proceeds.

I am pretty impressed with all that we did.  I am sure there is even a tad more left to add to the list, but my brain is FRIED from having the kids home for 100+ days :)  Actually, I did just think of SIX more things, 1. The Inflatable Water Slide and 2. A Trip To The Virginia Tech Campus/Duck Pond, 3. Bug Catching, 4. Popsicles, 5. "Jump" for Joy and 6. Salem Red Sox Game.
Double click on the photos to see them up close and personal!
I LOVED this so much that I made myself a "Mom's FALL Cleaning BUCKET LIST!" As soon as I put the 30+ items on the poster, I started knocking them off immediately. I cannot STAND to have "homework" left undone.  I will be posting that list soon too.  

You should make some lists of your own!!!!  You feel so accomplished after you see the list dwindling down or even better, completed.

Since the photo is so hard to see, here is the list...


FIREWORKS
SIDE WALK CHALK
THUNDER VALLEY
PUTT-PUTT
BIKE RIDES
HOPSCOTCH
TRAILS
PLAYDATES
PLAY IN THE RAIN
MANICURE/PEDICURE
KICKBALL FUN
BAKE
SCAVENGER TOOTH HUNT
DUCK POND
SILLY STRING FIGHT
BUSCH GARDENS
CHUCK E. CHEESE
YMCA
SLEEPOVERS
SALEM FAIR
WATER COUNTRY USA
MYRTLE WAVES
MYRTLE BEACH
POOL
LIBRARY
BAHAMA SNOW SHACK
LONGWOOD PARK
SKATE CENTER
VISIT TO COUSIN WILL & MICHAEL’S HOME
BIRTHDAY PARTIES
PIRATE’S VOYAGE
SALEM ICE CREAM PARLOR
MOYER PARK
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
SPORTS CAMP
CHURCH
MOVIES
A VISIT FROM GRAM
PET STORE
LAKE/ARCADE
GREENRIDGE RECREATION CENTER
SLEEPOVER GRANDAD AND GRANDNEE
SCOTT & ELLIE’S ICE CREAM PARLOR
DUNKIN DONUTS
SMALL GROUP
NFLATABLE WATER SLIDE
TRIP TO VIRGINIA TECH CAMPUS/DUCK POND
BUG CATCHING
WATER BALLOON FIGHT
POPSICLE FUN

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)