Friday, June 7, 2013

"Minute To Win It" MENU

The dinner menu for Tyson's party was pretty simple.  I just chose red, white, and blue foods that Tyson loves.  I didn't over do it because they filled up on movie theatre popcorn and candy, plus I have learned from the past that their enthusiasm doesn't allow for a large appetite and so much food gets wasted.
FOOD
1. PAPPA JOHNS (red)
2. Star Shaped Watermelon and Blueberries (red + blue)
 3. Strawberry Skewers (red)
4. Cups of Pistachios (white)
5. Mozzarella Cheese Cheese Itz (white)
6. Flat Crisp Pretzels ("white")

 DRINKS
1. Water - personalized water bottle labels were made to dress up the drink a little.
2. Red, white and blue layered drinks, served in mason jars with decorative straws.
This was a layered red, white, and blue drink, but ding dong me put the white on top.  
Hence the reason it didn't show up!  
I used blue gatorade, red fruit punch, and vitamin zero lemonade.  

DESSERT
I was going to have a cake made, but I really did NOT want to spend money on a cake and have a ton left over which would then be thrown out.  I decided to make a red, white, and blue dessert bar.  At least the desserts could be repackaged and used as snacks for my children throughout the summer. This dessert bar looked even better in person.

1. Vanilla Pudding (white)
2. Blue Jello With Cool Whip (blue + white)
3. Birthday Cake Oreo Cookies (white)
4. Rice Krispie Treats (white)
5. "Snow Cone Cupcakes" (red, white, + blue)
6. Blue/White Swirled Lemon Cookies

7. Frosted Cookies A La Mode Cold Milk Cups (white + blue)

8. Star Shaped Marshmallows (red + white + blue)


The boys were in AWE of the dessert table.  As if they didn't have enough sugar at the movies, they LOADED their plates with every single option available.  

1 comment:

  1. Another amazing party! But seriously?? Did those boys ever fall asleep with all that sugar??? They must have had the time of their lives!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)