Friday, April 5, 2013

Thing 1 & Thing 2 Topiaries

I had a fun time creating these Thing1 and Thing 2 topiaries for the twins 4th birthday!  
Items include:
Red Pots
Floral Foam
Dowel Rods
White Spray Paint
Tissue Paper Pom Poms
Thing1 and Thing 2 Glossy Print Outs
Ribbon
Feather Boas

First, I spray painted the dowel rods white.
After they dried, I inserted them into the floral foam and hot glued the floral foam into the red pots.  The paper pom poms had a self adhesive sticker.  I stuck the pom poms onto the top of the dowel rod.  
The finishing touches included some decorative ribbon, red feather boas, and  thing 1/thing 2 glossy printouts.  I think these turned out so adorable and colorful, not to mention matched perfectly with the theme.
\

9 comments:

  1. I love this project! Been scanning Pinterest and was so tickled to find these. I know it's been a while, but do you happen to remember where you found the tissue balls? Yours are cuter than the ones I'm seeing on Amazon and Party City. Thanks for any help you can offer. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,

      Thank you so much for your comment! I LOVE and appreciate them. I do recall where I found them. I bought them at Wal-mart in the party section. Their birthday is in March and I usually start planning in January, so this is about the time that I found them a few years ago. If you have any trouble, let me know. I MAY still have mine. I could always sell them to you. Also, would you be a dear and "join this site" by becoming one of my permanent readers? I LOVE to gain new "members". All you have to do is click on the right side of my blog. Currently, I have 27 readers, lol, I'd love for you to be number 28.

      Delete
  2. I certainly will join! And I am interested in buying yours, depending on how many you have. We need quite a lot- it's a baby shower with 55 guests. Let me know if you can easily locate them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.. I only have two. That quantity doesn't sound like it will help you at all.

      Delete
  3. nope, it won't. But I'll check at Walmart. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a file you could send of the Thing 1 and Thing 2 print-outs? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, sadly my laptop that I had all my printables for the Cat In The Hat party is dead. I just started using Dropbox so that doesn't happen anymore. If you do a google image search you can find one that way. That's how I did it. Let me know if you need help!

      Delete
  5. Where did you get your red pots from? I have been in search of one for a while and can't find one as vibrant as you.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)