Saturday, September 29, 2012

Candy Corn "Bark"

I have really been enjoying preparing for Fall's arrival.  The colors, the smells, the decorations (well minus all of those awful skulls and gory Halloween masks), the pumpkin patches, the baking etc.  Speaking of baking, I was back at it again, on Friday.  It started at 5:00 am. I was supposed to stay up late, the night before, and make this snack, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open.  NORMALLY, I get up at 5:00 am to study God's word, but I HAD to make this snack for my Pastor's family (I was bringing them dinner... this was going to be their "dessert") as well as for our small group gathering later that evening.  
The ingredients can honestly be, pretty much, anything your little heart desires, but here are a FEW MUSTS...

1. Pretzels
2. Vanilla Candy Bark
3. Peanuts
4. Candy Corn
5. Halloween Sprinkles

I added "candy corn" m&m's.  These are white chocolate filled m&m's.  The colors are  in the yellow, white, and orange.  

I think adding reese's pieces or regular m&m's would have been a tasty replacement as well.  
 First, layer a baking dish with parchment or wax paper.  
Next, crumble the pretzels.  Spread equal amounts of peanuts and pretzels onto your wax paper.  The pretzel/peanut mixture produces the "salty" taste.
Melt the white chocolate candy bark.  I did this in a microwave.  Be sure NOT to burn the chocolate. 
 Pour the white chocolate on top of the peanut/pretzel mixture.  Spread out evenly.
 Add candy corns and m&m's or anything else you prefer.
Sprinkle your holiday sprinkles on top.  Let the bark sit for an hour or two.  OR you can place the bark in the refrigerator, like I did, to get it to solidify even quicker.  Once the chocolate has "set", break the hardened bark into pieces, making it a "finger food dessert".  
I added a few plastic spiders for a fun Halloween effect.   I thought this was going to be way too sweet because the candy corns and the m&m's alone were so sweet, but it was a really smooth, delicious taste.  Try it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)