Thursday, February 16, 2012

Soft and Tasty Lips!

One of the things I love about having a little girl is having an excuse to do girly things. I long for the day I can throw my Liley a princess party or tea party!!! It will be so glamorous.

For Valentine's Day, we gave all of the girls homemade cherry lipgloss. We also gave Tyson's classmates diamond centered gerber daisies and Lilah's classmates received hair bows. We made sure all of the girls had some accessories to pretty themselves up for Valentine's Day.

What you need:
1 container of petroleum jelly (vaseline)

1 pkg of kool-aid drink crystals - whatever flavor you want

Lip gloss containers (I had to buy mine on amazon)

Labels

Scissors or 1 inch paper punch

Directions:
1. Put about 1 cup vaseline in a microwave safe bowl
2. Heat the vaseline in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each heating. It will be liquid when it is fully melted. It will be very hot! DO NOT pour koolaid into melted vaseline until the vaseline has slightly cooled and solidified otherwise it will cook and not work right.
3. Stir in kool-aid drink crystals until desired color is reached - I used the whole package for each batch. Stir until the crystals are completely dissolved.

4. Pour into your lipgloss containers and leave to solidify.
5. Print out labels on sticker paper
6. Using either a 1 inch punch, or scissors, cut out the circle labels and attach to your lip gloss container.
7. Give to all your favourite people, but remember to save a few for yourself too!
Now, I just have to allow Lilah to start practicing with it so I can receive some soft and yummy kisses.

1 comment:

  1. All of your v-day treats were super cute!!! Thanks for loving our kids so much to put forth so much effort!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)