Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Love" Biscuits/Ornaments

Today, Lilah, Jax and I made LOVE biscuits. If you recall from last week, NO MORE LIBRARY. Instead, we will be doing a weekly craft, a fun food, and a yummy dessert.
Today's CRAFT was homemade LOVE biscuits or ornaments.
What you will need:
1 Cup of Applesauce
1 Cup of Cinnamon
A Rolling Pin
Wax Paper
A Small Straw
Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters etc.
String/Yarn/Ribbon
Mix the cinnamon and apple sauce together until it is well blended. Roll it in a ball.

I added gold glitter to the mix to make the dough shinny.
Roll the dough out until it is 1/4 inch thick. Use your cookie cutters to cut out your desired shapes. Take the straw and poke ONE hole in the area where you will be tying a string/ribbon. This dough will take 3 days to completely DRY. Half way through the drying time, flip shapes over to insure proper drying takes place throughout the entire shape.
We made the word "LOVE" and four colorful hearts. I added Valentine's Day glitter colors to the hearts. I hope the glitter dries into the dough in the next few days! IF not, it will still SMELL wonderful and look cute hanging somewhere in our home or the kids grandparents' home :) I guess I could have even called these "homemade air fresheners" LOL!

You might be wondering two things: 1. W here is LILAH and JAX during this craft time? 2. That's all she was able to make with that much applesauce?

I'll answer these questions backwards. I ONLY HAD 1/3 cup of cinnamon left, so I had to use 1/3 cup of applesauce ONLY. I did NOT have as much dough as I would have liked to have had.Which leads me to the answer to the other question. Lilah and Jax were present and were helping. BUT since I had limited dough, I allowed them to do their own biscuits/ornaments using play dough. They didn't seem to mind! They were still able to use all of the supplies I had.

1 comment:

  1. Aw the glitter does make it extra cute :) i bet you could spray paint them clear after they dry to perserve them and make glitter stay on! I like the idea of air freshners lol thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)