Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Jesus!


Tyson offered a suggestion for our "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake this year. He said, "Mom, I know, we can put Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus on top of the cake!" I responded by saying, "We could take our manger scene upstairs and place it gently on top of the cake?" He said, "Mom, no!" Uh! Ooooooooook. I went to my next thought... I KNOW.... I'll ask my dear friend Erin Carroll if she would be willing to help us put a manger scene atop the cake. She did MORE than help. She allowed Ty to assist her where he could, but she wound up doing a large portion of the cake. Our family is so excited about singing Happy Birthday to Jesus, blowing out His candles, and eating the cake in honor of our Savior!!!!

2 comments:

  1. The cake came out awesome! But I need to know why you drag toothpicks through all the colors...Next year I am going to make a cake (and not rely on other people to do it for me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww this is awesome :) it turned out beautiful, our poor cake is a dud but i can't wait for the kids to sing to Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)