Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

The gingerbread house has been a household tradition for at least 4 years now. The distributor has made it increasingly easier to enjoy the fun part of this tradition without having to worry about baking the house and assembling it. I always buy the Wilton preassembled gingerbread house from Wal-mart for $10.00. This year, I bought two different ones. The other one was from Target. This is ONE tradition I allow the kids to do completely on their own unless they ask for me to help them. I remember the first year Ty and I did this, I was controlling where Ty put every piece of candy. I wanted it to look nice enough to display on my countertops, then I realized how unfair that was to him. Their gingerbread homes always wind up looking simiar to the candy house on the movie Handel and Gretel. Candy, candy, EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!

This year, decorating gingerbread houses came a tad early, but that just means we get to display them a little longer. Daddy and Ty worked on one, while Lilah and Jax worked on the other. Enjoy the photos. What are some of your family traditions? Do you remember this post from last year?  Click on the words "this post" to view our family traditions.



Double click on the picasa album to view it in a larger format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)