Monday, November 28, 2011

Caught With His Hand In The Cookie "Jar"

On Saturday, the kids were so excited to make some slice and bake reindeer cookies. Unfortunately (for Lilah and Jax) & fortunately (for Ty), Tyson was the only child who finished his dinner. Ty was able to enjoy some "hot out of the oven", fresh cookies, but Lilah and Jax were NOT. Jax didn't handle the "No'sssssssssssssssssssssssss" too well. The extra s's are for the amount of times I had to say "NO!" Later, after I thought the message was loud and clear, Darren caught Jax alone, working his way up the ladder barstool to help himself to some of those yummy cookies. Needless to say, he STILL didn't get to have any. AND... 3 days later, he STILL HAS YET to eat a FULL meal, so he STILL has yet to taste them. Poor fella. I'm NOT proud of his deceitfulness, but it is amazing how SMART a 2 1/2 year old little booger is. AND I have to admit, Darren and I did (without his knowledge) get a good laugh out of this one.
Up he goes..
He jumped when he realized we caught him.
Then, he sat there just starring AND I am sure contemplating on what the next best decision would be!
And starred, and starred, and starred....
As the tears fell. It broke my heart. Who ever said parenting is EASY is BEYOND ME!

2 comments:

  1. This is something Cyrus would do. I love how resourceful these little boys are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something that would happen in a kids book!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)