Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Homeplace Restaurant PLUS The Fernandez Family


Today, our family, along with the Fernandez Family ate at The Homeplace! This restaurant is in Catawba, VA. Located about 25 minutes from our home. The restaurant is only open Thursdays through Sundays, so it stays jam packed. Our wait was one hour, but we were entertained by the duo "concert" inside and the roaming cows outside as we waited. I haven't been to the Homeplace in almost 11 years and I have no idea why. The food was to DIE for. The premise is a homey type atmosphere (so nothing fancy) and good home southern food including fried chicken, roast beef, ham, mashed potatoes, cole slaw, green beans, corn, biscuits, cobbler, and ice tea. I'm known as the hard to please restaurant goer and by far, hands down, this restaurant deserves a 10 for TASTE!!!! Aaron Fernandez said, "You need to rank restaurants for a living and write reviews." LOL! I think if I did, many local restaurants would be out of business. So far, I am only willing to give 10's to Carrabas Italian Grille and The Homeplace! AND 0 (zeros) go to Crackle Barrel and Billy's Barn.

We are so thankful to have such a great group of friends to enjoy yummy food with!!!

Enjoy the photos! To view them in a larger format, feel free to double click on the first photo you see below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)