Sunday, July 31, 2011

Uncle David & Aunt Amanda's New Home.

Out of no where, I decided to pack up the kids, alone, and take a short trip to visit my brother David and his family. They recently moved from D.C. to Richmond, VA after David put in for a transfer request. He's an FBI agent and I think every 5 years he is allowed to ask to move, if he chooses.

We were invited to their 2nd son's 1st birthday party next weekend, but I thought it would be nicer to spend better quality time together, at their house, without the hussle and bussle of all the party chaos. We arrived on Friday about 2:30 pm and returned home Saturday around 3pm. My children were excellent both there and back in the car. It certainly helps that the drive was only 2.5 hours long.

David and Amanda live in a brand new home. The neighborhood is very beautiful and quiet. We spent our time mostly inside the house, allowing the kids to reconnect and play together. The weather was extremely hot, so later, after dinner and ice cream, the kids made the most of the 108 degree heat wave by using the irrigation system to cool off.

I am thankful that my children were able to spend some time with their cousins. I remember as a kid, those were some of my favorite times and as an adult some of my favorite memories. Unfortunately, due mostly to distance, they haven't made too many memories with each other, but I think it's embedded in us... you just know who your blood is and reuniting/reconnecting took no time at all.

David and Amanda, thank you for allowing us to visit on such short notice. Your home is gorgeous!!!!! Happy 1st BIRTHDAY Michael!!!!!!!!! Enjoy a few of the photos from our trip OR you can view the entire album at the bottom of this post.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)