Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Baby Shower for Molly Carroll

On Saturday, Mia Kennedy hosted a baby shower at her lovely home in the new Cherokee Hills. Gretchen did a fabulous job creating a game geared toward the theme of Isaac's nursery.... nautical. The favors were also darling. They were tiny sailboat cookies wrapped to perfection. Some of Molly's closer friends brought some side dishes for all of the ladies to pig out on. I'm pretty sure Molly is all set for baby Isaac after two very gracious showers were given to her in preparation of baby 1. Ben and Molly recently married last June (I believe) and were surprised to find out a tiny miracle was granted to them. Although it is sooner than expected, they know God's sovereign hand was at work when he chose to place this baby in their lives when he did.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." ~Isaiah 55:9

The mommy-to-be
Gretchen made a beautiful vase of fresh roses with lemons in the bottom. So clever and so matchy match to the theme.
Fresh Hot Coffee - AND STARBUCKS AT THAT - Mia knows how to please her guests that's for sure!!!! Who doesn't care for Starbucks?
Erin Carroll made one of her beautiful and VERY delicious cakes.
The food was delish!!!! Especially the egg casserole and french toast casserole.
This mommy had her hands full with her two girls. Some brought their children, some did not. I was happy to be childless for a few hours :)
Gretchen's made up Nautical themed game was funny and clever. I bet her crazy boys and husband helped her come up with it.
The shower guests split up in three groups. This was one of the teams. I didn't capture the others. Whoops!

Molly opens gifts galore!!!! I'm pretty sure she has it all now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)