Thursday, April 28, 2011

Who are Lilah and Jaxon TODAY?



A few weeks back, Lilah and Jax went for their 2 year doctor visit. I'm still in shock my twins are 2. It just flew by! Truly!!!

I have NEVER really done this type of post before, but I figured I would give it a shot since all of my other blogging friends do it. Am I conforming here? So what!!! If you're like my hubby, you will start reading this and get bored quickly. I'm not offended. TRUST me. Darren even said as he saw me writing things down about Lilah and Jaxon, "Kristin, no one will read this. No one cares about this kind of stuff!" He's probably right. But my reply was, "I am not doing this post for anyone other than myself, Lilah and Jaxon as a memory." I'm not like my dear friend Jody. She can recall ANYTHING about her daughter in the drop of a hat. I, on the other hand, forget what I did with my children yesterday. That's why blogging is SOOOO great. It's a great memory of LIFE in general.

So here it goes...
Who is Lilah? Lilah is fun, spunky, yet bashful, and quite the "sas pot!" Easier than Tyson to discipline, but not by much. She is 23 pounds. She is in the 5th percentile for her height and weight, but Dr. Delaney said, "This is perfectly fine. She's just going to be a peanut like her mommy!" Ya right. He hasn't seen me in the nude. Shoe size: 5. Clothing size: mostly 18-24 months.

A few of her LOVES:

Her baby of course. Yogurt. The dvd "Toddler Tunes". Gum. Playing with pretend babies or real babies, especially Caleb. Dancing and singing. Her scuttlebug. She LOVES to clean and wipe things down.

She sleeps 12-13 hours at night. Naps approximately 1.5-2 hours.

Milestone praises/challenges: Potty training: no where near ready. Colors: none. Counts to 10, yay! Sings her entire alphabet. Is great about praying (ie. folding her hands and bowing her head) and points to the sky when asked where Jesus is.

A few things that frustrate us about her: 1. She does this annoying yell when she dislikes something that you do. 2. She dislikes kisses and will scratch her own face to "pull off the kiss" if you kiss her. 3. When I sing in the car, she tells me "no". So basically, she hates when I sing.

A few of her absolute favorite people: Daddy, Mommy, Jax, Cohen, Mattie, Elise, Ansley, Mrs. Jody and Caleb.

She dislikes it when: we dry her hair with a towel and bugs.

Resembles: Bryant side of the family (Darren's mom) and Daddy in appearance.
Tyson in personality. OH BROTHER!
Who is Jax? Jaxon is by far the most loving child we have. He is goofy, sensitive, loving, bashful, helpful and oh so thankful. He is easily disciplined. He is 28 pounds. He is in the 50-75th percentile for his height and weight. Again, normal. Shoes size: 6 or 7. Wears mostly 3T clothing, but most definitely can fit into size 2T.

A few of his LOVES:

His passie and baby of course. Yogurt. The dvd "Toddler Tunes." Gum. He enjoys getting groomed (ie. cleaning out his ears, being rubbed down with lotion, or getting his nails cut). Anything to do with trains and/or balls. He loves his scuttlebug.

He sleeps 12-13 hours at night. Naps approximately 1.5-2 hours.

Milestone praises/challenges: Potty training: no where near ready. Colors: none. Counts, but not to 10 like sissy! Sings some of the alphabet. Is great about praying (ie. folding his hands and bowing his head) and points to the sky when asked where Jesus is.

A few things that frustrate us about him: 1. His sensitivity causes much/many tears. 2. Taking his socks and shoes off in the car, at the store, in the yard. 3. Although cute, the "I do it" stage.

A few of his absolute favorite people: Mommy, Daddy, Bro-bro, John-John, Mattie, Kaitlyn (still), Mrs. Jody, Destiny, and Kate Fernandez.

He dislikes it when: he is woken up abruptly.

Resembles: Crisafi side of the family (My dad) and myself in appearance.
Personality wise - - I'm not sure. He's his own person. So calm. So sweet. So loving. So special. So helpful. We all could learn a lot from him in this house. :) Maybe DADDY's personality? Not sure.

Activities for BOTH Lilah and Jaxon: currently twins are involved in story time at the Salem Library, Praise and Worship at our Church, and Church every Wednesday and Sunday.

The best thing about having twins: watching the bond between two closely knitted babies from my womb, you get 2 for the price of 1, and they entertain each other.

The hard part about having twins: 2 x everything, not enough love to go around, and it's hard to spend good quality time with either of them.
These photos were taken while we waited patiently for our doctor to enter the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)