Monday, February 28, 2011

What God Has Done for US!

Often times, as I analyze my day, I find myself dissatisfied in my spiritual walk. Please let me clarify. My dissatisfaction is not because Christ is not all sufficient. I'm dissatisfied in my spiritual walk because of the sins that I commit daily. There is NO comfort in knowing that "we are sinners" and that sin is "just going to happen". I want my life motto to be better than that. I want to strive for righteousness AND daily. I am guilt ridden with the thoughts of thinking, "I deserve hell, not heaven, and I prefer to go there because I am not worthy of such a gift." The reality is, we all deserve hell, but I am reminded in Colossians 2:13-15 what God has done for me, and repent for dimishing the work on the cross by saying or thinking the above.

"When you were spiritually dead because of your sins and because you were not free from the power of your sinful self, God made you alive with Christ, and he forgave all of our sins. He cancelled the debt, which listed all the rules we failed to follow. He took away that record with it's rules and nailed it to the cross, he won the victory and showed the world that they were powerless."

Amen! I am powerless. Christ paid the price. There is no work to be done on my end. Christ did the saving, not me. He has forgiven my sins, as far as the East is from the West. What a grace! What an amazing grace!

Thank you GOD!

1 comment:

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)