Monday, December 4, 2017

Elf On The Shelf ~ Day #2 / Day #3

DAY #2 of our 2017 Elf On The Shelf fun...
IF you haven't seen the movie, "ELF", with Will Ferrel, it's a MUST see.  


"Buddy" describes his food group/loves in four ways: "candy, candy canes, candy corns, and SYRUP!"

And so... our elves decided to obey his suggestions.  LOL!
Our elves NOT only arrived pigging out on candy and syrup, but they left a scripture for my children to "feast" on... "Sweet words are like a honeycomb, pleasant to the soul and health to the body!" ~Proverbs 16:24
In addition, the elves brought some "elf snot" for my children to "enjoy".  Haha.  But wait, there was more... there was a gift inside, deep into the elf snot. So now what? IF my kids were brave enough to put their hands into the snot, they would discover a gift that was left for them.  
The gifts were $10.00 gift cards to our local and very fun CANDY STORE.
I spotted the Elf Snot at Walmart.  It arrived during the PERFECT season in our lives because my children are obsessed with SLIME.
I made this cute printable and I am willing to share it with you.  IF you choose to replicate this elf idea, click here for the printable.  

My twins were so excited.  I was on my 3rd floor and they came RUNNING upstairs.  "MOM!!!! YOU HAVE TO SEE what the elves did!!!!!!" Jax even noticed that his elf, Chippey, was holding his "Favorite candy, a Hershey's chocolate bar!" I did that on purpose, but I really didn't think he'd put it ALL together.  
Day #3 of Elf On The Shelf fun...
So, I never sleep well in the month of December.  Every single morning, since the arrival of our elves, I have been waking up in a panic around 3:00 a.m.  It's absurd, but seeing and hearing my children's reactions makes it ALL WORTH IT. I never PLAN where I will hide our elves or any of their shenanigans.  Like at all.  So I wake up, with my mind racing.  YES, I have SOME items I can use, but the actual plan or thoughts behind it ARE NOT in place.  It's stressful and fun.
Today, our elves arrived sharing some holiday cheer.  They brought some cute, ELF slipper socks.  
They also left us some more scriptures.
"And if you walk in obedience to me and keep my commands, as David your father did, I will give you a long life!" 
~1 Kings 3:14
I love these slipper socks.  They came from Target.  I also LOVE how our elves associate scripture with the scene or the gift that is left.   
"My steps have held fast to your paths: my feet have not slipped."
~Psalms 17:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)