Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Palmetto Cheese Cake!

My girlfriend Jody turned another year older (31).  She's a "southern" girl and loves palmetto cheese. I am not a picky eater and I have never had it before, but I will say when something looks like vomit, I have a hard time convincing myself to try it. LOL! Regardless, I came up with a clever way to give her a birthday cake without stealing her husband's thunder.  I made her a palmetto cheese cake.
I formed the palmetto cheese in the shape of a cake. I stuck club crackers to the sides of the cake to kind of hold the cake together.  
I used pretzels, stuffed with cheese, to decorate the circumference of the cake.  
Then, using some cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, and my letter cutters ("E" and "L") I created a 31.
Finally, I inserted a "Happy Birthday" pick, from Target, and wala! Oh so creative!!! Besides, Jody isn't a fan of cake anyway.  She is a cheesecake lover, so this cake was much more well received.  
I was so tickled when I found out my cake appeared on "Pimento Cheese" IG account.  Who knew a such account existed?? So fun and funny.  
 Happiest of Birthdays Jody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)