Wednesday, February 20, 2019

"Oh My Goodness!'

Oh the morning of the day that the LAST Annie show would be performed, our elves knew that the ride home would be so sad!  So they hid in the car, buckled up, and were ready to support Lilah's emotions, both to the theater and home from the theater.  
I created the above printable that read, "This your last show.  Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!" Lilah's elves also brought her a collectible pin, with her FAMOUS line from the play, "Oh My Goodness!", an ornament that reminded me of dog from Annie, "Sandy", in addition to the mini version of the Annie cookies that we were gifting out to her cast friends.

This adorable elf, gummy skewer is from another time, in the month of December, that our elves made an appearance. It was one particular morning that I just didn't have it in me to "elf" and literally just presented these candy skewers with their elves sitting somewhere.  LOL!
I think this elf scene began the journey of my children slowly, no longer believing.  They are just too smart. Lilah said, "Mom, the cute cards that you gave each of my castmates is the same as the card the elves gave me."  Jax said, "The elves gave the same cookies to Lilah that you gave to her friends!" I just played it off and said, "Maybe they love my creativity so much that they decided to copy me!" I just keep telling them, "Just let me know when you don't believe anymore. I'll be sure to tell the elves not to come! I sure wouldn't show up, bringing gifts to kids who say they don't believe!" You know I am sorta longing for that day, but they aren't fools and would never bite the hand that feeds them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)