Thursday, December 27, 2018

Christmas Dinner - 2018!

On Christmas Day, I always cook for our family of five. It's hard because I'm exhausted, the house is flipped upside down, and my kids go almost 12 hours without eating, from the excitement... so they are starving by dinner time, but truthfully, I don't feel like cooking.  BUT I DO!

This year, I made a one "POT" meal!  I made homemade, chicken parmesan, SNOWMAN lasagna rolls.  Lasagna is always so time consuming to me, but making it in a "roll up" fashion is so much easier.  

First, using a biscuit cutter, cut circles of pasta out of the lasagna noodles.  Layer them in the bottom of a glass dish. Be sure to line the dish with sauce first. I made my homemade marinara. Next, spread a mixture of ricotta cheese, shredded chicken, sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Roll up the lasagna noodle.
Carefully place each roll up into the dish.  Basically, "stand" it up. Place another circle shaped noodle on top.
The second circle noodle helps the final layer of ricotta and mozzarella cheese to rest on top! Spread a little ricotta and mozzarella cheese on top.  
Design a snowman face that is pleasing to you.  Using a straw, pop out enough black olives for the eyes and mouth.  I didn't have enough patience to make a mouth and felt the snowman looked just as cute with just the eyes and nose. The nose is a baby carrot cut in half. Cook at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.  
I am so tickled with how perfect they came out! I layered our plate with sauce and topped the snowman with sauce once everyone saw the end result. That's ALL I served.  No bread, no salad, nothing else.  It had everything you needed inside: carbs, protein, dairy, and veggies.  LOL!


*From this day forward, I promise to deliver a new blog post daily, so even if that means working out of order, just because that's the post I have time for... I will deliver something to you! I must document and that's why I started blogging in the first place. I will never go two months without posting... EVERY AGAIN!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)