Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Night Owl Party - Agenda - Part 3

You saw the Night Owl Party - Agenda - Part 1 and Part 2.  Now here's Part 3.  

The next few things on the girls' agenda was kind of taking place at their own pace and desires.  The little ones wanted to make some duct tape bangles.  I purchased this kit at A.C. Moore because Lilah wanted it, but I convinced her to WAIT to open it until her party.  Can you guess why? Look closely.  YUP...CHEETAH tape.  LOL!  I know, I know, I am a theme freak.
Ansley and Lilah got to work making their own bangle bracelet creations, while the older girls checked in on their iPods.  Isn't that exactly what you would have expected to happen?
The kit came with several bangle bracelets and rolls of washi tape.  
Using the tape, each girl was able to create a bangle bracelet creation that was their style.
After the girls finished up their bracelets, which by the way didn't go real well (I think they were a little too young for this kit. The tape kept getting stuck together. I was glad I was there to assist them.), they "SHOOK their TAIL Feathers!" by playing "Just Dance".
These girls really had the moves.
You can really see the concentrated looks in the photo below.  
Some of their looks even included a little bit of "attitude".  LOL!
I'm not sure what was going on here, but it's so sweet seeing Taylor in close action with Lilah.
Where was Cami?
All they want to do is dance!
I think Cami was still using her iPod during the first two "Just Dance" songs, but eventually she joined in.  See below.  
After a little "Just Dance", the older girls were really begging me to play the "Toss and Talk" ball game that I had planned. I purchased a plain, white beach ball and wrote all kinds of questions to answer and/or acting out type skits for the girls to perform. I feel like all of the questions were appropriately designed for the age ranges I had present (6-12). I learned quite a lot about these girls, especially the older ones, during this game.  The way the girls chose to play the game was to pass the ball 5 times and whoever's lap the ball landed on, on toss 5, had to answer the first question their eyes spotted.
At first, the game was going really smooth! But being ALL of these girls have the "gift of gab", eventually they became a little more possessive over the ball.  Haha.  The cat claws came out.  Hehe.  Not really, but sorta.
 It was really cool that Lilah was able to read her own questions aloud.
After she read her questions, she always thought real intently before answering.
Boing!
Boing!
Boing!
Cami was ITCHING to answer the question, "Who do you think is cute?"
 I believe Taylor was the FIRST to answer the question, "Who is the cutest boy in your class?"
You can see her face blush as she answered the question.  Cami didn't agree with her selection and squealed, "EWE!!!!!!"
I think this is Taylor's "Monkey Face".  The ball asked her to act like a monkey. Lilah is easily humored.
I felt like this game went on for an eternity.  It was definitely a BIG hit.  No one wanted to stop playing.
 Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
 They ALL wanted to try this one!
 Make your goofiest/silliest face!
We still have the ball floating around the house.  I am really surprised Sadie girl hasn't popped it yet. BUT... here are the questions that were on the ball.

What's the silliest face you can make?
Who do you tell everything to?
Favorite show?
Favorite boy at school?
Would you pick your nose if you felt you needed to?
Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
Favorite restaurant?
Would you rather be blind or deaf?
What crazy color would you dye your hair if you had the chance?
Who's your B.F.F.?
Oink like a pig.
Whooo do you think is cute?
What part of being a grown up do you look forward to?
Justin Bieber...Like or Not?
Least favorite person...why?
Beach or Snow Ski?
Favorite Candy?
If you had one wish what would it be?
What makes you smile?
Roar like a lion?
Elephants, Monkeys, or Alligators?
What are you afraid of?
What would you do with a million dollars?
Worst smell?
Cupcakes or Cake Pops?
Favorite Food?
Act like a monkey.
Bark like a dog.
If you could be ONE famous person, who would it be?
Least favorite candy.

Believe it or not the fun did NOT stop there.  These girls were difficult to exhaust.  The last part of their night was spent having a pillow fight and doing facials. I will share those pictures in Part 4.  I hope you have enjoyed this post.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the ball game idea!!! With your permission, Brittney and I might have to steal it for our middle school girl sleepovers - or maybe even lift camp nights! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)