Saturday, March 21, 2015

Apples For Teachers, St. Patty's Day Style!

For St. Patrick's Day, I put together a green bag'o goodies, for the kids teachers.  I will have to search my blog and see what I did last year, but typically, I do NOT go to these extremes.  I started out with an adorable stationary set + plus a framed scripture. Those were the items I was going to give and then I got carried away with adding more and more green things.
My favorite gift, that I gifted to them, is the green framed scripture printable.  You can read, all about that gift, in more detail, here.
"Cast your burden upon the Lord and He shall sustain thee.  He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." ~Psalm 55:22
Above (left to right): The sticky notes, mechanical pencils, pen, "R" stamp (for Rottkamp), frame and notecards was ALL that I was going to give (originally).
Then, I got carried away with the green and rainbow inspired foods (or their teacher's favorite candy bar!) From left to right/top to bottom: A baggy of Lucy Charms, Extra green gum, pistachios, Hershey's dark chocolate, clover shortbread cookie, and chocolate coins.
My second favorite part of their St. Patty's Day gift is this adorable vase of green carnations and sparkling clovers (all of it came from Michael's Crafts).
Both teachers received all of the same items.  Except Ms. Dixon received "H" stuff (duh) and her favorite candy bar is an Almond Joy!

The stationary items came from Michael's.  The store was in the process of replenishing their front store items with new items, so all of the above items were 50% off (as were the St. Patrick's Day flowers).  Most items were originally $1.99-$2.99, but after the sale $.99-$1.50.  Great steals.  
"IF ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, nothing shall be impossible unto you!" ~Matthew 17:20
I used last year's printable and hot glued it to the gift bags I decided on.  The adorable green gingham ribbon came from the DOLLAR TREE.
We really are blessed, this year, with great teachers and I always look for ways to say THANK YOU for doing the job I couldn't DO! The kids are getting to the point where they have all that they can carry, on the bus.  I offered to make them car riders, but they refused. SO...I hand delivered these gifts to the front office.  

For more "Apples For Teachers" ideas, click on the label "Apples For Teachers" on the right hand side of my blog. Until Easter... or as the public school system calls it "Spring".  SMH There's NO excuse NOT to bless a teacher.  As you can see, from above, so many of the gifts are so affordable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)