Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It Was Great to Sk8te!!!!

The Summer is coming to a close and I have to say it's starting to make me feel empty inside.  It takes me a while to get accustomed to going from the kids being in school and having some child-free hours to get my responsibilities done, uninterrupted, to being a FULL time mommy.  This Summer, especially, was so different from the last 5 years.  I literally didn't have a babysitter ONE time.  I am very proud of myself.  I cared for the kids 100%.  It felt good to not waste an insane amount of money on childcare and it made me realize that I can do things with the kids present.  Yes, I knew that before, but I preferred to not torture them and make them stay home, watching me clean for hours on end.

I am trying to fill-up our days with some fun things that we have yet to do this Summer.  As I go through the list in my head, I realize, we have actually done quite a bit.  The Skate Center was something that the kids have been begging and begging and begging to do, but I just haven't made it a "priority".  Normally, I have a groupon for the Skate Center.  It's great because it's only like $18 for the kids to do everything.  I went ahead and took them, on Monday, and I am so glad that I did.  It was quite expensive...about $40 total, with snacks etc., but it was WELL WORTH every penny.  The kids had smiles on their faces the ENTIRE time and they got such a good work out. They were a sweaty mess when we left there. 

I purchased tickets for the kids to do the play zone as well as roller skating.  After an hour or so of being there, the Skate Center has races for the kids: with and without roller skates. My kids just did the sock races.  They are always a total blast for them and me!!! I get an amazing ab workout via laughter.
These are the photos of the kids getting prepared to race their opponents.  
This photo blesses my heart.  The twins, at first, only had tickets to the play zone, but then they saw how much fun their Big Brother was having and begged to go roller skating. Check out their flashy roller-skates.  
The play zone has a ton of stuff.  For $5 per child, they are able to enjoy slides, a bungee climbing room, a kangaroo bounce room, a ball pond with over 20,000 balls in it, a zipline and much more!  
It's very clean from what I can tell AND only children under the age of 12 are welcomed!
Above: Where's Waldo Jax?
Below: There he is!
My brave little monkey enjoyed the bungee climbing room by hanging upside down.  
The videos below are well worth watching.  There is quite a bit of comedy involved... at least to me there is.  It's just crazy funny that they started OFF not being able to even walk in these rollers skates and before long they were RUNNING in them.

I am considering buying the kids a really nice pair of roller skates and roller skating lessons during their time off for Christmas. We don't typically have any type of sports or dance classes that month.  I've spoken to the kids about it and got the pricing and the kids are ecstatic about the idea. I just have to convince Darren now. He doesn't agree. It's only $59 per child, for 6 classes. After roller skating lessons, I won't have to fear them getting hurt on the rink and they won't have to run in roller skates.  LOL!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)