Friday, July 11, 2014

Minivan + Autograph = Self Incrimination!

This just puts DUMB at a whole new LEVEL!  A few weeks ago, I was washing my car and I fumbled across an autograph "written" on my van.  I about died.  Tyson was bored one day, while in the Chick-Fil-A parking lot, and unbeknownst to me, signed his name into my van, with a rock.  If he was smart, he could have at least signed Jax's name!!!! He also drew an "X", the size of half a dollar bill.  

I was a lot upset, but when he stated, "I didn't know it wouldn't come off or I wouldn't have done it!" I really believe he was telling the truth. I could see it in his eyes. Plus, when I was 19, my dad bought me a brand spanking new car.  I was obsessed with keeping it flawless, surprised?  There was ONE, little, black spec, on the red paint, and every time I walked past my car, it irked me to high heaven.  SO... I took a brillo pad to the black mark.  It got the black mark off alright, but it made matters worse. ALTHOUGH PAPER, chalkboards, white boards, or a sidewalk are the ONLY things you should be writing on, I get that he didn't realize the permanent damage that would be caused using a rock to sign his name.  

The other day someone said, "The biggest expense about children, is fixing what they break!" HA! I am not sure I believe that whole heartedly, especially with my kids, but this "oopsie" will definitely be expensive if I choose to fix it.

Due to my perfectionist personality, the below picture, is OFTEN the way I see things.  Everyone wants to know how I handled this.  A stern "talking to" and that's it. In the grand scheme of things, I realize it's not worth ruining my child's self-esteem over. LOL!