Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Piano Guys

Why do people take selfiess? I think they always turn out so horrible.
Darren and I went on a double date with our friends Aaron and Lisa Fernandez. This date was planned almost a year in advance.  LOL!  No lie.  Aaron usually buys tickets to unique events and in return we treat them to a nice dinner out. Last night, we finally brought that date to fruition.  First, we ate at Beamer's, in downtown Roanoke.  We had never been there before, so it was a royal treat to go somewhere new. Both the atmosphere and the food was delicious.  After dinner, we headed over to the Jefferson Center to watch a performance by "The Piano Guys".  I had no idea what to expect and I had no idea who these guys were, but MAN O' DAY! It was truly the MOST phenomenal musical performance I have ever witnessed.  

A little insight into who "The Piano Guys" are,
Hailing from Utah, "The Piano Guys" became an internet sensation by way of their immensely successful series of strikingly original self-made music videos. Actually, there's only ONE piano player, Jon Schmidt, and one other instrumentalist, Steven Sharp Nelson, on cello. Yet the other three are equally significant members of the group.  The spectacular Piano Guys videos have so far netted over 186 million YouTube views and 500,000 new views per day. Check out my three favorite songs they played last night.  Once you watch one video, you won't be able to stop. I loved this so much, I want their soundtracks for Christmas!!!  It's so upbeat and peaceful!!!

One thing you will notice.... these guys LOVE to take their instruments to unique places to play.  If you check them out on youtube, you will see that ONE AMAZING PLACE they took their instruments to was to "The Great Wall of China"! Incredible.

That's What Makes You Beautiful: This was the last song they played and I was THRILLED. It reminded me of Lilah.  It's her FAVORITE song!!!! Charlie Brown Medley  Titanium

1 comment:

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)