Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Celebrating Motherhood!

MOMMY OF 3
I never would have guessed I would be a mother to 3 beautiful children.
I spent the day playing on my new MacBook Pro.
Darren printed a sweet "Happy Mother's Day" sign and stuck it onto the box!
Motherhood is one of God's most precious blessings.  It brings much joy and fills the heart with a new and special kind of love.  Even though the life of a mother is filled with joy, love, and all manner of happiness, it often contains fears, doubts, and questions.  At times, the demands can be overwhelming and tiresome, but God does not expect mothers to accomplish their tasks alone.  His word is given to us as a source of encouragement and strength.  It also keeps me on a righteous path.  I love using God's word to convict me when my mothering is self-reliant, instead of God reliant.  It's amazing how the "tiniest" of blessings can be the biggest challenges in life, but overall, I know life without my 3 children would feel empty and would be purposeless.  I always hear, "Appreciate these times because they go by sooooooo fast!"  I try.  I realllllly do.  I am thankful to God that he is continually stirring my heart to love and nurture my trio's souls and to look past the crumbs and the finger prints that so often get in the way of valuing and cherishing every aspect of Tyson, Lilah, and Jax.  :)
A sweet craft given to me from Tyson. It reads,
"I love you because..."
"Your the best mom ever.  Your nice. Your pretty.  Your kind."
I hope everyone had a lovely mother's day!  Darren is always so awesome to me on every occasion.  He's very intentional about the gifts he gives to me and blesses me greatly. On mother's day he surprised me with a few physical gifts such as dinner, a new computer, and a medicine ball, but he also allowed me to do what I NEVER EVER EVER do.... sit on the couch from 4-9pm (after church and lunch at the Outback.).  It was so relaxing and so well needed after a busy weekend.  He took care of the kids and allowed me to "milk" mother's day for all that it was worth.  LOL! I am sure he will desire the same in return on Father's Day!!!! 
A medicine ball for power squats.  
"The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold everything he had and bought it."  ~Matthew 13:45-46
A sweet gift given to me, by Jill Higgs, aka our Church, from Lilah and Jaxon.  She also had all of the children fill out a questionnaire about their mommy.  It was very cute!!!  See one of the questions and answers from each child below.  

Lilah:  (Q) What makes your mommy laugh?  
            (A) When daddy tickles her.

Jax:    (Q) What is your favorite thing that mommy makes?
           (A)  Toast. (ahahahahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)