Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Original Creation, Not Pinterest Inspired

When I found out my dear friend Kaitlyn was expecting a baby, I slowly started collecting things for her.  After she finalized the nursery theme, monsters, I kept my eyes pealed for monster stuff.  You know me, I love to be themey.  I ran across monster duct tape.  I couldn't believe it.  I was unsure what I would do with it, but I didn't care.  I bought it anyway.  The best part, it was on sale from $6.99 to $1.99.  

I love pinterest, but lately, pinterest takes all the credit for anything everyone does.  Does it annoy you as much as it annoys me to hear, "Did you get that idea off of pinterest?"  It's as if no one can think for themselves anymore.  I decided I was going to come up with my own creation, not something pinterest inspired.  This is the only idea I could think of....
 1. Canvas (from Ollies) - $2
2. Googlie Eyes (from Dollar Tree) - $1
3. Duct Tape (from Target) $1.99
4. The Letter "W" (from Michael's) - $3.99 (40% off coupon).
 The twins helped me since they love her AND
now Watson, so much!
 Jax cut open the tape.
 I lined the canvas with the tape.  
Photo: compliments of Jax.
 Covered the canvas completely, front to back.
  The twins filled up the "W" with the goolie eyes.
 Then I hot glued the eyes all over the "W".  
The eyes represented the monsters eyes.
The complete project. I think it looked better in person, but I told Kaitlyn if she didn't like it, to just throw it out. I'm thinking that pom pom's would have made it look less busy and softer. Oh well!!  We had fun making it for Watson.

The next day, we were scheduled to bring her a meal.  It was the FIRST snow we received this year, but we brought it to her in the snow anyway.  Unfortunately, it was snowing so bad, we only had time to drop it off.  I didn't even get to hold Watson yet. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)