Saturday, July 28, 2012

"Where In The World Is...KRISTIN?"

To avoid a horrendous 9 hour drive, to New York, via CAR, for my grandmother's funeral, my husband was gracious enough to bless me with a plan ticket. I left Roanoke at 11:09 am. Upon arriving to Charlotte, NC, my flight to New York kept getting postponed due to weather delays. I was supposed to leave Charlotte at 1:10 pm. Delays went as follows:

2:30 pm
3:00 pm
3:30 pm
3:45 pm
4:00 pm
4:30 pm
5:00 pm
5:30 pm
6:00 pm

THEN,

FLIGHT CANCELLED. The delays were due to weather, but the cancellation was due to the fact that the "crew" of the aircraft went home. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!! Us Airways offered me a hotel room and transportation. Darren wanted to meet me back in Charlotte and spend the night with me, but I chose to stick it out and go with my original plans to attend my grandmother's funeral.

So where am I? I'M STILL IN CHARLOTTE, NC at 8:24 pm.
I did have the opportunity to speak with a young girl, age 20, for several hours, who was traveling to Uganda to share the gospel at 11 orphanages in the area. That was a good way to spend some of my time. I have also been able to get in the Word, face time my kiddies, and eat (which is a bad thing because BOREDOM has forced me to eat things I DO NOT WANT TO EAT, but cannot resist.) I've also witnessed many tears and much cursing. I even just witnessed a man being removed from an airplane because he is "slurring". I feel like I am living a small nightmare, but thankfully, I have remained calm. I am just terribly lonely and missing my family.

I leave Charlotte, NC at 9:52 pm and arrive in New York at midnight. AHHHHHHHHH! I could already be in NEW YORK had I driven. Oh well. God is sovereign. He has a reason for this, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)