Friday, June 29, 2012

Baby "Food"

Our small group put together a vintage, tractor themed, baby shower for our dear friend Lisa Fernandez. I was responsible for bringing two desserts and a fruit platter. I wanted to give the fruit platter a little more pizazz, so I tried making a baby watermelon basket. I thought, considering I am not artistic, it turned out pretty cute.

Take a peak at the baby "food" fruit platter.
First, I carved out all of the watermelon and shaped the empty watermelon to replicate a baby craddle.

I loved the tiny detail of the blue passie ~ representing baby "Hank".

This "newborn" didn't make a peep during the entire baby shower :)
I rotated marshmallows and fruit around the baby platter. This was much more fun to make than the average fruit bowl. The guests got a kick out of it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)