Saturday, April 28, 2012

Before & After - "Everything BUT the Kitchen - Sink - FUN!

I love "before and after" on the wheel of fortune, so I thought I'd do one of my own.  

Everyday last week I picked a few kitchen cabinets, a day, to pull everything out, wipe down, and reorganize.  On Friday, the twins were home when I decided to do the lazy susan cabinet and the spice cabinet.  In my spice cabinet, I have "everything but the kitchen sink" (before).  AND while cleaning/organizing it, I let the kids have some "sink fun" (after)

It's a BRILLIANT idea.  I came up with it all on my own (well without the use of the internet, pinterest, a friend's suggestion, a book etc...)  It's a no brainer too.  Fill the sink with soapy water.  Give your child mounds of kitchen tools and allow them to play in the water.  It's my version of an outdoor water table, only indoors.  My kids played in our double sink for almost 45 minutes - - - that's a world record for independent playtime in our home.  

Lilah and Jaxon had a blast playing with the soapy water.
AHHHH!  I LOVE ORGANIZATION!  I always say, "Don't agonize, ORGANIZE!"
Lazy Susan may be lazy, but she's got a great friend to organize her!!!
And the results of water sink fun are this...  Of course, nothing really looks different.  It's just clean from spice residue and dust.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)